Selecting a Contractor
This first step can be the scariest for most homeowners. We have all heard horror stories about General Contractors which can make deciding on a remodeling contractor intimidating and very difficult. Here are some basic steps to take:
- The first step should always be to make sure the General Contractor you are researching is licensed, bonded and insured. This can be done with a search through Labor and Industries.
- The second step should be to check out the Contractor through 3rd party sources like the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List or Responsible Contractors. Accent Construction and Remodel, Corp. has an “A” rating with these sources.
- The third step should be to ask for references from the Contractor and CALL THEM. You can learn a lot about how customers feel about the Contractor you are considering for your job if you ask the right questions.
- The fourth step should be to ask to see pictures of their work.
- The fifth step should be to select a Contractor you are comfortable with and feel you can trust.
REMEMBER: There is no such thing as a stupid question or too many questions.
You are about to spend a lot of money and need to feel comfortable with your decision.